Spring 2017 Opening Message
Spring 2017 Opening Message
(Housing Instructions & Important Dates)
Welcome Back to the Spring 2017 Semester!
Residential Life and Housing Services (RLHS) hopes that you are having an enjoyable and relaxing winter break. As you make plans to come back for the spring 2017 semester, RLHS wanted to provide you with information to assist you in planning for your return.
New freshmen, those enrolling for the first time during the Spring 2017 semester, will be able to check into housing on Wednesday, January 11, 2017, beginning at 8:00 a.m. All new freshmen must complete a housing contract and pay the commitment fee which includes a non-refundable room reservation fee to be assigned a space.
Early check-ins for returning students will not be permitted. The official residential housing opening date for returning students is Friday, January 13, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. All returning students must complete a spring 2017 housing application prior to returning to campus housing.
The 2017 spring housing application can be completed on-line (Click Here) and follow the steps below.
- Sign in using your username and password that you use for your university email address.
- Click on Organizations.
- Search Residential Life & Housing Services.
- Click on Residential Life & Housing Services.
- Click on Forms.
- Click on the Spring 2017 Housing Application.
- Complete the Spring 2017 Housing Application in its entirety.
- Upload your Spring 2017 Semester Class Schedule to your Spring 2017 Housing Application.
- Submit your Spring 2017 Housing Application.
Please be advised of the following:
- Housing assignments will be communicated as applications are received through Monday, January 9, 2017, by 5:00 p.m. Applications received after this date will be handled as on-site assignments.
- Residents assigned to Scholars Inn Apartments, Centennial Apartments, and Young Hall must check in at their respective clubhouse. Keys will be issued at the respective clubhouse.
- New non-traditional residents assigned to Commons for Spring 2017 will check in at Commons clubhouse.
- Traditional residents assigned to Commons for Spring 2017 will check in at the Commons clubhouse.
- All residents are required to complete a Spring 2017 housing contract before receiving access to their assigned living space. Residents are responsible for reviewing their housing contract and must sign the contract.
- All residents must complete a room condition report (RCR). Residents will be responsible for documenting all damages and issues on their RCR at move-in.
Other Important Dates:
- January 11, 2017—Dining hall opens for full service
- January 16, 2017—Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (university closed)
- January 17, 2017—Classes begin (1st 8 wk. & 16 wk. session)
- January 23, 2017—End of Drop/Add & Registration (1st 8 wk. session)
- January 30, 2017—End of Drop/Add & Registration (16 wk. session)
- March 13-17, 2017—Spring Break (residence halls remain open)
- April 14, 2017—Last Day to Drop a Class & Receive a “W” (16 wk. session)
- April 28, 2017—Last day To Drop a Class & Receive a “W” (2nd 8 wk. session)
- May 8 -12, 2017—Final Examination Period
- May 13, 2017—Residential Housing closes at noon for all students except graduating seniors
- May 13, 2017—Commencement
- May 14, 2017—Residential Housing closes at 2 p.m. (Graduating Seniors only)
If there are any questions, please contact the Langston University Office of Residential Life & Housing Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (405) 466-6028.
Office of Residential Life & Housing Services