The Department of Mathematics offers two majors: Mathematics (Bachelor of Science) and Mathematics Education (Bachelor of Science in Education).
The mathematics curriculum is designed to provide:
- Competence in the basic skills and understanding for dealing with numbers and forms.
- Communication of thought through symbolic expressions and graphs.
- Cultural advancement through a realization of the significance of mathematics in its relation to the total physical and social structure.
- Preparation for future study and research in mathematics.
- Preparation of teachers of mathematics.
- An understanding of mathematics as a logical system of ordered ideas.
Dr. Alonzo F. Peterson, Chair, Assistant Professor
Dr. Andrew Bucki, Associate Professor
Dr. Vicky Fondjo, Assistant Professor
Mr. Anthony Hill, Instructor
Dr. Timothy M. McMahon, Associate Professor
Dr. William M. Montanaro, Assistant Professor
Dr. Betsy Showalter, Assistant Professor
Dr. Sivalingam Sivanesan, Assistant Professor
Dr. Joel Snow, Associate Professor
Dr. Abebaw Tadesse, Assistant Professor
Dr. Ricco D. Wright, Assistant Professor