Veterans Administration

Veterans Administration

Langston University makes every effort to ensure certification of your enrollment within a timely manner. The certifying Official is located at Langston University Registrar's Office, Page Hall, Room 134, 405-466-3225 or 405-466-3224 Tel, 405-466-3381 Fax. Please ensure you contact Jeanese Outlaw or Darin Hunt with any questions. Langston-Tulsa and Langston-OKC representatives are also available for you to drop of paperwork. Any changes in your schedule (Add/Drop, Withdrawal), MUST be reported to the VA Representative. Failure to notify a VA Representative of change of enrollment hours or withdrawal from the institution will result in penalties and repayment to the Veteran Affairs Office.

Failure to submit official transcripts, DD Form 214 and completion of VA Educational Benefits Certification Form will result in non-certification for the semester. Please review New & Returning VA Students Memorandum for instruction each semester. Students must complete a VA Educational Benefits Certification Form each semester and submit to VA representative. All students are required to submit official transcripts from previously attended universities/colleges. Under the authority of Title 38 USC 3675 and 3676, regulations 38 CFR 21.4253 and 21.4254 it state that there is a requirement for all schools, whether accredited or non-accredited, to maintain a written record of previous education and training of a veteran or other eligible student. Students who have previously served in the Armed Forces must submit their DD-214 form and will receive up to eight (8) semester credits in an undergraduate program with Langston University. Students who have completed formal service school training must request an evaluation for credit and submit evaluation from DD-295 form. “The Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Services” will be used to determine credit to be awarded.

The Ace Military Guide (Guide to Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services) is on the web at: ARMY - AARTS Transcripts:; NAVY & MARINES - SMART Transcript:; COAST GUARD - CGI Transcripts:; AIR FORCE- CCAF Transcripts:

As a veteran or dependent of a veteran, who is eligible for educational benefits through the Veteran’s Administration, I understand and agree to the following: Add/Drop If adding and dropping classes, please notify the V.A. Coordinator as soon the change is made. All changes to your schedule will be reported to V.A. which may adjust your rate of pay. Failure to notify the V.A. Coordinator of your change in enrollment status could result in overpayment of benefits. If an overpayment occurs, you will have to speak with V.A. directly at 1-888-442-4551. (Muskogee V.A. Office) Address Change If you have an address change, please notify the Registrar’s office immediately with the new address.

“I” Grades If you receive a letter grade of “I”, you will have one year from the date received to get it changed to a letter grade for credit. If the “I” grade is not changed to a letter grade in this time frame, the V.A. will consider this as an overpayment. Major I will declare and / or seek a major while at Langston University. The V.A. will certify only the classes that apply to this major and / or minor that I formally declare for payment. Anytime you change your major you must report it to the Langston University V.A. Coordinator as soon as possible. If you do not, this can delay your benefits.

Parent School Letter If you are enrolled at another learning institution, the V.A. Coordinator needs a copy of the classes you are enrolled in so that a parent letter can be mailed to them. A Dual Enrollment Form must be completed with the proper signatures before Parent letter will be processed.

Plan of Study After two semesters of enrollment, V.A. Coordinator must receive a plan of study by your advisor. If no plan of study is provided to V.A. Coordinator, you risk not becoming certified by V.A.

Transcripts All college transcripts from previous attended schools must be turned in to Registrar’s Office. Make a copy for your advisor to ensure that applicable credits are applied to your departmental plan of study

Yellow Ribbon Tuition Waiver

The Yellow Ribbon Program tuition waiver is available on a first –come, first-served basis to non-resident students who qualify for chapter 33 benefits at the 100% eligibility level. To receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program: You must be eligible for 100% of the benefit under the post 9/11 GI bill (chapter 33) to participate in the yellow ribbon program. You must NOT be on active duty or a spouse transferee of an active duty member. You must complete the application to obtain eligibility. Please contact VA Representative. Additional information is located at the following websites:

Unsatisfactory Progress Once you start receiving V.A. benefits, you must maintain satisfactory attendance, conduct, and academic progress. If you do not meet the standards set by the university, you will be reported to the V.A. This behavior will lead to your training time being adjusted, and V.A. will possibly terminate your benefits.

Chapter 1606 or 30 If you receive V.A. benefits under either chapters 1606 or 30, you will need to report the number of hours you are enrolled in by phone (888.442.4551) or on the web at at the end of each month.

Chapter 30 VA Vocational Rehabilitation Vocational Rehabilitation is a program to help veterans with service-connected disabilities to become suitably employed, maintain employment, or achieve independence in daily living. For additional information, please call 1-800-827-1000 or visit website at

Chapter 33 Post-9/11 Bill POST-9/11 GI BILL tuition and fee payments are calculated based on an eligible individual’s charged tuition and fees. If the waiver results in no tuition and fee charges, VA cannot authorize a tuition and fee payment.

Individuals will still receive the monthly housing allowance and the books and supplies stipend, if they are otherwise eligible. If you have further questions or concerns please contact us.

Jeanese Outlaw, VA Certifying Officials Tel: 405-466-3224 or 405-466-3225 Fax: 405-466-3381 Langston University Campus – Page Hall, Room 134 – Registrar’s Office P O Box 728, Langston, Oklahoma 73050

Oklahoma City Campus Tel: 405-530-7500 Fax: 405-962-1621 Langston University – Oklahoma City – Main Office 4205 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Carol Peterson, Contact Representative Tel: 918-877-8146 Fax: 918-877-8108 Langston University – Tulsa – Financial Aid Office 914 North Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74106


New & Returning VA Students Memorandum (PDF)

VA Educational Benefit Certification Form (PDF)

Yellow Ribbon Program Application (PDF)